I spoke with a nice lady from Ncomputing today – she called back; the previous blog here.
She directed me to www.TigerDirect.com – specifically this webpage for the more individual consumer product
Assuming you need computer stations for MORE than one person at a time then THIS is a fantastic solution
- Buy the fastest CPU you can afford (usually the fastest CPU released more than 3 months ago)
- Load the machine up with the MAXIMUM amount of the fastest RAM it will take. This may cost you virtually as much as the CPU, motherboard, and the case
- Buy a DVD writer
- Buy at least 1 additional hard disk drive – if not two – and MAKE SURE THEY ARE THE LARGEST ones you can buy.
- Buy the device
- Now, buy as many keyboard, mouse, monitor combinations as you need.
One of the beauties, as I understand it, of this new system is that you can operate all of the users off of ONE set of software – saving you hundreds of dollars in software costs. While this little fact may violate some companies licensing policies – you’ll have to (a) read up on the licensing (b) figure out how you’re going to overcome any issue with them (and or your personal god).
Technically, you’re saving money:
- On all of the extra ELECTRICITY you are not using as you’ve only ONE machine plugged into the wall
- On all of the extra hardware you’re not buying
- On all of the extra software you may (or may not) buy
- On all of the extra support issues – make sure that you have good antiviral software, and a good firewall